Author’s Rights – ReveNews.org
1. The Author grants permission to include his/her stories, hereinafter referred to as the Work, at www.revenews.org, or any of the sites within the ReveNews network, (hereinafter referred to as The Publisher) as well as any future print publications associated with ReveNews.
2. This use of the Work by the Publisher entails the assignment of *First North American Serial Rights, for publication in the English language in North America. This allows The Publisher to publish the Work in both printed and digital versions. ALL rights revert to the Author following publication.
3. The Author grants to the Publisher the right to archive the work on the website.
4. The Author agrees to name “ReveNews” as first publisher if and when the work is republished in printed or digital form, as well as provide a link to the original work.
5. A curated site, the Author agrees to let ReveNews edit his/her stories for presentation, style, and grammar. Any major redrafting is reviewed with the Author but the Publisher’s decision on the text is final.
6. For the rights granted to the Publisher above in 1(a, b) the Author will receive payment as agreed to and arranged by the Publisher and Author prior to publication.
Authors’ Warranties and Indemnities
7. The Author represents and warrants that he/she is the sole author of the Work, that the Work is original, and that no one has reserved the rights granted in this agreement. The Author also represents, to the best of his/her knowledge, that the Work does not contain any libelous material.
No Competing Publication
8. The Author agrees not to publish or permit others to publish this Work in any form prior to its publication and appearance in the above-named magazine and no printed form for 90 days following publication.
9. The Publisher agrees to provide the Author with one permanent link to the Work within 30 (thirty) days of publication.
10. The Publisher agrees to publish a proper copyright notice for Authors Work, and to take all necessary steps to protect Author’s copyright in the United States, and in the International Copyright Union. The website is copyrighted to ReveNews, LLC. but the Author’s copyright remains with the Author.
11. Agreement: Submission of an article, video, or podcast to ReveNews, LLC for publication indicates the author has read and agrees to these terms.
*FIRST NORTH AMERICAN SERIAL RIGHTS: When an author grants a journal or magazine First North American Serial Rights to a story, the publication acquires the right to be the first publisher of the work in North America and for some time after the work appears in print — typically 60 to 90 days, or the length of time the issue with the author’s work in it is “current” — no other journal is allowed to publish that same work. Afterward, an author, as holder of the copyright, is free to submit the work elsewhere.